When you run WinDV (DV Node for Windows), for the first time you need to configure it for the ThumbDV. Make sure you have the latest version from DutchStar with support for the ThumbDV.
- Select ThumbDV as your “RF Device”
- Select the COM Port that the ThumbDV is connected to
- Check Device Manager for “USB Serial Port”
- Baud Rate must be 230400 for original ThumbDV, 460800 for Model A
- Enter your Callsign
- Callsign is used for connection to gateways. An A,B, or C is required to connect to DExtra Reflectors (XRFxxx)
- Auth Call is used with US Trust Registration to connect to DPLUS Reflectors (REFxxx)
- Callsign / is used for ID
- Configure the Sound Card to use your desired input and output
- Select a Callsign Server. DUTCH*Star and Free*Star provide additional reflectors. If the server is down select another.
The default Tools-Settings will provide basic operation and don’t require any changes.
Close then restart WinDV
The ThumbDV Status should be RUNNING and the Version is read from the AMBE3000 chip on the ThumbDV. If both of these are correct your ThumbDV is working properly.
Press XMIT, even if you are not connected to a Gateway, and the RED/GREEN LEDs on the ThumbDV will flash.
The ThumbDV is not connected to your network or sound system. If you are having difficulties with either of them, you need to trouble-shoot those as Windows System issues.
If you like WinDV make sure to donate to Fred!